- Make the move from solid to air: Although air
tyres come with some maintenance, nothing beats the light, smooth ride they
provide. Try the Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyre for the best of both worlds.
- Get skinny: A narrower tyre has less rolling
resistance and you’ll get further per push.
- Become a smooth operator: Trade your treaded
tyres for slicks. Slick tyres offer less rolling resistance and make rolling on
smooth surfaces a dream.
- Going forward: Some chairs offer an adjustable
rear wheel position. The more forward you bring your wheels the easier the
wheelchair is to push.
- Get your bearings. Bearings can become clogged,
worn and loose. A new/clean set will make your chair feel like new at a price
that won’t break the bank.
- Trade in- mags for spokes: Spokes are generally
lighter and have better push-ability and less rolling resistance than heavier
- Let the pressure get to you: Ensure your tyre
pressure is correct. Low tyre pressure dramatically increases pushing effort